MEO Transportation Center Project
- 10 acre facility located at the central hub of Kuihelani and Mokulele highways and Puunene and Dairy roads.
- For the first time all Maui transportation operations will be in the same location: Administration, Maintenance Facility, Bus Washing and Fueling Station, Bus storage and Passenger Transfer Station
- Will ensure the continuation and improved delivery of vitally needed transportation
- Keep operational costs down due to the central location of storage, service and administration
- Adequate size to accommodate long-term program expansion
- We anticipate a total of 100 vehicles for our fleet within the next 5-7 years,
- Site situated with good highway access; site use is compatible with adjacent land uses.
- Utility provision can be accomplished at a relatively low cost.
- Capacity to grow as need for services grow.
The center will eventually provide all MEO transportation to be in the same location- Maintenance, Administration, fueling, bus wash and transfer station.